Welcome to the Clann Ó Súilleabháin Mhumhain, the O’Sullivan Clan of Munster!
(The most senior tribe of the royal Eoghanacht.)
We are a living clan with over 1800 active members, tens of thousands extended members, a functioning derbhfine, a castle seat, and a hereditary chief of the name. Most of us enjoy a bond of common blood and all of us share an affection for our name, O’Sullivan / Sullivan.
Please explore our site and discover the Ó Súilleabháin tartan, the Ó Súilleabháin battleflag, the Ó Súilleabháin flower (the Blackthorn Rose), the Ó Súilleabháin planxty, the armorial shield of the Ó Súilleabháin Mór, and the sundry Ó Súilleabháin keeps and castles.
Conchobhar Ó Súilleabháin, the Taoiseach of the Clann Ó Súilleabháin Mhumhain
The O'Sullivan Clan of Munster is proud to announce the appointment of Conchobhar Ó Súilleabháin of Limerick, Ireland as Taoiseach of our clan. He will serve for a term of 3 years, after which an election will be held by the general registered membership to select the next chief. Hail to the Chief!
The Seal of Milesius, the official seal of the Clann Ó Súilleabháin Mhumhain (O'Sullivan Clan of Munster)
Mission of the Ó Súilleabháin Clann of Munster
1. To preserve and promote the tribal identity of the Ó Súilleabháin clan.
2. To preserve and promote the Gaelic identity of the Ó Súilleabháin clan, including the language, music, art, history, literature, theology, philosophy, myths, and legends of the Milesian Celts.
3. To support any historical research or activity that reveals the manners and customs of our ancestors.
4. To identify, recognize, and honor our ancestors.
5. To support yDNA research that supports the Milesian tradition and the noble pedigrees of the Ó Súilleabháin clan and to counter any proposals that contradict the beliefs of our ancestors.
6. To use yDNA data to properly identify to which of the sundry Ó Súilleabháin sub-septs each of our members belong.
6. To preserve and promote the tribal identity of the Ó Súilleabháin MhicRaith sept (Sliocht MhicRaith), including its birthright to the title, ‘The Ó Súilleabháin Mór, Hereditary Chief of the Name’, upon the extinction of the Ó Súilleabháin MhicRuairi line.
7. To establish and maintain a fully functional Gelfhine, Derbhfine, Íarfine, and Indfhine to administer the affairs of the Ó Súilleabháin Clan of Munster.
8. To follow the Laws of Tanistry in the conduct of the clan as interpreted and determined by the Derbhfine.
9. To commission the Derbhfine to identify and officially recognize the legitimate standing Irish clan chiefs and to seek and establish formal relations between the clans.
10. To seek and establish formal relations between the clans and other royal houses of the world, particularly the noble courts of Europe.
11. To embrace and defend the sacred relationship between the Irish clans and their ancestral lands.
12. To aggressively counter all anti-clan rhetoric and propaganda.
The Ó Súilleabháin Clann of Munster, Copyright 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023.