The Seal of Milesius: Official Seal of the Ó Súilleabháin Clann of Munster.
The Ó Súilleabháin Clann of Munster is recognized by Finte na hÉireann ~ Clans of Ireland, the official representative organization of Irish Clans to the Government of Ireland, the United Nations, and the Standing Council of Scottish Chiefs. To visit the Finte na hÉireann ~ Clans of Ireland web page please click on the logo below.
Welcome to the Ó Súilleabháin Clann of Munster, the most senior tribe of the royal Eoghanacht.
Please explore our site and discover the Ó Súilleabháin tartan, the Ó Súilleabháin battleflag, the Ó Súilleabháin flower (the Blackthorn Rose), the Ó Súilleabháin planxty, the armorial shield of the Ó Súilleabháin Mór, and the sundry Ó Súilleabháin keeps and castles.
Dunderry Castle in Spring.
Mission of the Ó Súilleabháin Clann of Munster
1. To preserve and promote the tribal identity of the Ó Súilleabháin clan.
2. To preserve and promote the Gaelic identity of the Ó Súilleabháin clan, including the language, music, art, history, literature, theology, philosophy, myths, and legends of the Milesian Celts.
3. To support any historical research that reveals the manners and customs of our ancestors.
4. To identify, recognize, and honor our ancestors.
5. To support yDNA research that supports the Milesian tradition and the noble pedigrees of the Ó Súilleabháin clan and to counter any proposals that contradict the beliefs of our ancestors.
6. To preserve and promote the tribal identity of the Ó Súilleabháin MhicRaith sept (Sliocht MhicRaith), including its birthright to the title, ‘The Ó Súilleabháin Mór, Hereditary Chief of the Name’, upon the extinction of the Ó Súilleabháin MhicRuairi line.
7. To establish and maintain a fully functional Gelfhine, Derbhfine, Íarfine, and Indfhine to administer the affairs of the Ó Súilleabháin Clan of Munster.
8. To identify the legitimate Righ-damhna of the clan and to duly elect ‘The Ó Súilleabháin Mór, Hereditary Chief of the Name’ from the body of the said recognized Righ-damhna.
9. To follow the Laws of Tanistry in the conduct of the clan as interpreted and determined by the Derbhfine.
10. To commission the Derbhfine to identify and officially recognize the legitimate standing Irish clan chiefs and to seek and establish formal relations between the clans.
10. To seek and establish formal relations between the clans and other royal houses of the world, particularly the noble courts of Europe.
11. To promote the world-wide recognition of the Gaelic Chief, and his Derbhfine, as a non-regnant monarch and his ‘privy council’ of dynastic ‘princes du sang’ (princes of the blood).
12. To embrace and defend the sacred relationship between the Irish clans and their ancestral lands.
12. To aggressively counter any and all anti-clan rhetoric and propaganda.
The Ó Súilleabháin Clann of Munster, Copyright 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.